Monday, February 28, 2011

Latest Happenings

I'm quite distraught.

Today I learned that The Cape is being cancelled (only 2 more episodes left!). Lackluster viewers have caused NBC to inevitably pull the show. From cutting the order from 13 to 10, the series is doomed for failure. It's actually quite a good show, a unique idea just hindered by the fact of it's super lame name and the fact that is indeed yet another superhero show, oh yeah, and it's cheesy as hell. Serennie will finish out the series when it finally ceases to exist. I wonder how she feels about the it being cancelled after she put so much effort into blogging about it.

I was looking forward to watching a bunch of new shows this season and instead, the one show that I actually, The Cape, started to like is being cancelled. A total WTF moment for me.

Another thing that I'm remorseful over is that Royal Pains, currently being un-blogged by us, is finished with it's second season. Such a tease. It started out happily in January and I expected it to be a year-long show like our perennial favorites Gossip Girl and Glee, but instead it ended. It was my happy show, my show that I look forward to that I can zone out to. And then suddenly, at the end of February. WTF. I actually didn't know it was the season finale until I was so bored with just the first 15 minutes of the show and then suddenly saw the wrap up of the season leaving a couple of burning questions. Is Divya's lovely suitor coming back? Are they really canceling the wedding? What's going to happen with Hank by his lonesome self? When is Jill coming back? And lastly, has the past 2 seasons, spanned over filming for 1.5 years, just been one whole summer in the Hamptons in Royal Pains world? Oh Royal Pains, when are you coming back? 

And a show I've been kind of keeping up with, Mr. Sunshine, kind of sucks. I don't know why I keep watching it.

But maybe it's for the better. I'm desperately behind in a lot of shows that I'm blogging about. That's another thing that I'm sad about. Couch Potatoes is slowly coming at a stand still, not so up to date as it should be, but don't worry, we're going to do our best to keep it up, and play catch-up with our shows.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that Entourage is premiering their FINAL SEASON this year? I have yet to start watching it since I am behind by a whopping 7 seasons.

Oh and whenever I see the two words, SERIES FINALE, I get kind of sad. It reminds me of my absolute favorite show: Nip/Tuck. I'm still grieving from my loss. A show that I will re-watch from the very beginning and blog every step of the way. It's not so much for you, but for me. I need this therapy in order to get over my year long loss. :(

Now do you see why I'm kind of depressed this season? Really mostly about The Cape though, not going to lie. I actually like ABC/NBC's action shows: Flashforward, Heroes, The Event and now The Cape. All dead, or at least in the midst of dying.

---

On a bright note, I'm being cheered up with Archer, my favorite show this season, and the new breakout hit Bob's Burgers. While a little annoying and extremely cheesy, I can't help but watch Bob. I really wish his kids would be less annoying though. But Archer definitely cheers up my week every week. :) What would make me really happy though is seeing Ugly Americans back on air. :)))))

Oh and a fun fact that I learned recently when I was researching The Huffington Post, Arianna Huffington is actually Tim the Bear's wife aka Arianna on the show The Cleveland Show.

So here's my list of shows I'm, I'm not sure about serennie, mar, and nivisaur) currently going to blog about and what I'm just watching on the side:

Current: Glee, US Skins, Shameless, 90210, Gossip Girl, Justified, and any movie reviews I plan on doing

To be blogged from this past season: Boardwalk Empire (I think Mar's doing this one), The Big C, Dexter (hopefully Nivi can finish this one)

To be cancelled from blogging (at least by me): The Walking Dead, Community, the cancelled Mr. J Channel

Watching on the side: Nikita, Parenthood, Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, American Dad, Bob's Burgers, Archer, Mr. Sunshine, Off The Map, Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy [the last 3 which are all doing horribly this season, may have to discontinue and wean off of my Shonda Rhimes], oh yes, and my favorite:Chinese/ Taiwanese dramas. I'm saddened by the fact that I have to end watching Endless Love. :(

I'm a bit busy and I feel like CP started out really ambitious but it actually takes a lot of effort which I did not plan for, fret not, it'll get done. I promise.

Cheers,
heyitsabell

No comments:

Post a Comment